When Cold Fusion Was Hot

The rantings and ravings of a mostly sane NYC wife, mother, and publishing "executive" (mwah-ha-ha)

Friday, February 25, 2005

When it snows...

We had a good dusting of 2-10 inches here, depending upon what side of the lawn you choose to measure. Days like this make you want to stay in bed, warm under the covers. Of course, Friday is my work at home day, so I have to be chugging away, cold, not under the covers.

I stopped at the library because one of my reserve books was in. Sure enough, it was the new Jodi Picoult book. Now, I don't even think that's available in bookstores yet, so someone at the library, maybe not mine, but some library in the system, jumped the gun on the pub date. I don't work for that publisher, so whoo hoo!

We just moved into a new house last month, so things are still in a bit of disarray. For instance, we haven't had the chimney service come look at our chimney, so we can't use it. This would be a total fireplace kinda day. And if my laptop was hooked up to our wireless network, I could work down there, but the software IT put on refuses to recognize my network.

If we had our fireplace cleaned out, which we don't, if I had my laptop on wifi, which I don't, if I had a snow day, which I don't, it would be a perfect day. Since it cannot be, I must strive for semi-perfection. Off I go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home